BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Rest Stop: What the Hell is a Happiness Project?


The book that my happiness project is based on is:

"The Happiness Project: Or, Why I Spent a Year Trying to Sing in the Morning, Clean My Closets, Fight Right, Read Aristotle, and Generally Have More Fun"
- by Gretchen Rubin

*If you are interested in this book, or have a copy and would like to use yours to follow along, please do!

I first want to share with you some small excerpts from the 'A Note To The Reader' section of the book.

'A "happiness project" is an approach to changing your life. First is the preparation stage, when you identify what brings you joy, satisfaction, and engagement, and also what brings you guilt, anger, boredom, and remorse. Second is the making of resolutions, when you identify the concrete actions that will boost your happiness. Then comes the interesting part: keeping your resolutions...Whenever you read this, and wherever you are, you are in the right place to begin.'

- The Happiness Project by Gretchin Rubin, from 'A Note To The Reader'

I felt that this was an important part of the book to share with you guys, because it describes exactly what a happiness project is, in Gretchen Rubin's own words.

Throughout this blog, I will be posting various excerpts from Gretchen Rubin's book. These may or may not be the same pieces of information that you would consider valuable (this is where having your own copy could greatly benefit you). However, the excerpts I post will be the passages that stand out to me the most, or provide the most information that I found/find useful on my own happiness journey.

For more information on starting your own happiness project, you can check out the official website here: The Happiness Project Toolbox

*I have also started a group for people to get together and discuss their own journeys towards happiness, whether it be a 'happiness project' or any other thing they may be doing to enrich their life. If you are interested in finding out more about happiness projects, or just want to join and follow along, you can request to join here: KIMBERLY'S GROUP

0 comments: